Our classic Freeman Raincoat made in a durable, waxed cotton fabric. While the practice of waxed (proofed) cotton has been used for many generations, the innovators at Halley Stevensons developed a new approach to waxed cotton by producing a fabric that is totally free of the oils that you find in traditional waxed cottons. Not only does it result in a dryer hand feel, it is also 4x times more water repellent. It was love at first sight and we couldn't wait to try it out. The fabric is a 10g cotton embedded with a dry, oil free wax milled and proofed by Halley Stevensons of Scotland, experts in waxed fabrics for over 100 years. The tried and true elements of the classic Freeman Raincoat design combined with a timeless, yet totally new fabric that is functional, durable and easy to care for: A match made in heaven (Seattle).
- 100% waxed cotton shell.
- Soft flannel interior liner.
- Adjustable hood with bill.
- Two exterior snap pockets, one interior pocket.
- Made in Seattle.
- Free Shipping/Free Returns (within the US)
- Caring for the wax cotton is simple. Brush off dirt with a dry lint free cloth. Rewax with Halley Stevensons proofing bars when areas are dried out. (available through Freeman).