Update 1/07/21 -- the position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
December 30th, 2021
The Assistant Store Manager is an important team member at Freeman who keeps both our storefront and web shop running smoothly and efficiently. This full-time position is divided between in-store sales / customer service and behind the scenes inventory management and web store upkeep. Our ideal candidate will have strong retail experience, preferably in a boutique setting, along with organization skills, excellent communication skills and a keen attention to detail. An interest in design, small scale production and quality clothing is a must.
The Assistant Store Manager is an ambassador of our brand and will ensure that our store is a friendly, welcoming, and organized space, and that our customers are taken care of and no detail is overlooked. This position reports to the owner, whose office is at our Sodo sewing studio. This position mainly works alone at our Capitol HIll storefront, and we are looking for someone who is comfortable with working solo day to day and collaborating on projects remotely. Our current team is 4-5 people.
About us: Freeman is a Seattle-based clothing company founded in 2011 by two people with an interest in quality over quantity. We are best known for our made-in-Seattle rain jackets which we sell alongside our staple clothing items in our brick-and-mortar shop in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. In addition to our brand, our store features twenty like-minded brands and their products. We also have an online store where we ship to customers worldwide. The majority of the Freeman line is made in Seattle at our own sewing shop.
Storefront:Tuesdays-Fridays from 12pm-5pm, Saturdays 11-6 (approx 27 hours /week):
Web Shop / Inventory Management (approx 13 hours/week):
- Manage day to day operations of our shop
- Merchandise displays + place new products
- Respond to customer emails and phone calls
- Keep the shop tidy and fully stocked at all times
- Assist in hiring / training of sales associates
- Provide expertise to meet our sales goals
Web Shop / Inventory Management
- Process and fulfill online orders
- Process incoming inventory/Transfers
- Regular website merchandising
- Manage our marketing / store calendar
- Monitor store supplies and equipment
- Regular inventory checks
- Two or more years of relevant retail and sales experience.
- An understanding of e-commerce platforms, Shopify a plus.
- An interest in design, small scale production and quality clothing.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional, positive attitude.
- Prior assistant management position is a plus, but not required.
- Health insurance
- Employee discount
- Paid Holidays
Our COVID Precautions:
- Masks required for all customers.
- Two shoppers maximum at a time.
- We clean / sanitize regularly.
- During warm days our doors // windows are open for maximum ventilation.
- All other Freeman staff have been fully vaccinated & boosted.
Please email your resumé and an introduction to email@example.com. People of all backgrounds encouraged to apply.